Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Patience and Expectation

I am the recipient of patience and devotion from my life partner.

I have been learning a completely new practice for myself because of that.

I was required to replace frustration and impatience as I watched him grow.

I realized I needed to find my own dream to pursue, and my own purpose.

Changing my focus has lead to a completely different practice for me.

I have been able to learn new skills and to apply my talents in completely different ways.

I have found new talents I had no idea were there.

This has enabled my partner to have room and respect in finding his own way.

Even the support of a loved one does not give us the resources we need.

Those still have to be developed individually.

It is the only way to gain the experiences which build a foundation.

So now, while I have been exploring and discovering my dreams and building a foundation for them, he has made the progress he needs to on his own behalf.

We have our own individual approaches, our own individual viewpoint, our own resources.

Those come together and compliment one another.

Who knew?  I was able to leave my old practices and habits and become a much more fulfilled and gracious person, full of expectation for myself.

My life partner, too, has had room to accomplish that process for himself, uncrowded by my opinions and frustrations.

I am grateful, patient and full of expectation now.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment