Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Good Habits and New Ground

Although I raised my children to prepare them for certain kinds of situations, naturally in times of such fast change, it was impossible to anticipate everything.

I know that through cultivating their intelligence, humor, and manners, they will be served well in any context.

How their lives are shaping up depends on their choices and their priorities.

I, too, am free to continue to grow in new directions, and I have the time to figure out what they are now that everyone is launched.

We all have so many new situations developing as world events impact us.

It is good to get our footing on new ground, in the context of being individuals, and not just through the many situations that engaged us as parents.

© 2016 Kathryn Hardage


No comments:

Post a Comment