Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Ideal

In my mind, I have always had this particular ideal.

I got sidetracked by doing all the things I was supposed to do, and I did a good job on many of them.

But it wasn’t my ideal.

Now, that I have followed all those forms, I find myself so attached to my ideal that I will not give it up.

I no longer have to follow the forms any more.

Some of them worked for a while in some ways.

Some of them did not.

It has been an experience, all right.

With nothing left to lose or prove, I have now put myself into my ideal.

I still have a lot to learn about living in it.

I am not what would be considered young by any measure.

But I am living my ideal.

I am off into a new adventure.

My advice?

Do not listen to the forms.

Cultivate the ideal that is within you.

You absolutely do not have to have any idea of how you are going to get there.

Once again, keep listening to what is within.

Quiet every other noise until you can hear it.

Go directly on the path to express it.

Take the first step that comes to you.

Once you are in motion, you can always change direction when you need to.

Listen.

Take that step.

Go now.


© 2014 Kathryn Hardage

www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment