Thursday, October 17, 2013

People, Even Parents, Can Change


We have the perspectives from the experiences we grew up with.

We simply do.

We know what we have experienced and nothing is going to change that, nor should it.

However, there are occasions when we are given a new perspective.

Working through my own child trauma through the writings of other authors and many, many workshops, I had made progress toward rewriting my life.

I was able, with the practice of new tools and techniques, to forgive my father.

I was very grateful.

However, even though I had forgiven my father, I was still dealing with the aftershocks for decades of my life.

It is impossible for this not to have affected the atmosphere in which I raised my children.

During a recent workshop, I was able to shift my perspective and to welcome my father into my light.  (link)

I was absolutely amazed.

I imagine over time, it could affect the relationships I have with all my own children, too.

For now, I am once again grateful for my own progress after decades of entrenched fear.


g 2013 Kathryn Hardage

No comments:

Post a Comment