Thursday, April 18, 2013

What is Going On Inside and What is Going On Outside

Do not get confused about your own development.

What is going on outside is the result of collective thought, reactions, distractions, media harassment, etc.

What is going on inside is under your direct control.

This includes choosing whether to react or not, choosing your readings, your meditations.

Watch the emotional content of your mind to see which kinds of feelings create the most productive atmosphere for you.

As you create the most productive atmosphere for yourself, you will find the outside taking shape differently.

It will begin to conform to your new self-direction.

Even though you will still confront obstacles, you will be able to decide if solving them or reacting to them is your best course.

Maybe going around them is.

I am learning what my focus is, and even though I have a habit of wanting to jump in and help people solve their problems. 

That is not my job.

They are in the best position to do that for themselves.

No one else can see what I am working on from my viewpoint either.

That is my work alone.

Now that I am not just reacting to crises from my habitual thinking, I can feel a much deeper long-term calm pervading my work.

As I work to further my goals, I am able to build a deeper foundation for myself, one that is more secure for the contributions which I feel drawn to make to society.

© 2013 Kathryn Hardage
www.InspiredPractices.com

No comments:

Post a Comment